About Music Together classes:
Ten weekly, 45-minute classes (or a six-class session in the summer) include songs, rhythmic rhymes, movement, dance, and instrument play. These activities are presented as informal, non-performance-oriented musical experiences. Classes are developmentally appropriate for children and easy for parents and caregivers, regardless of their own musical ability. Music Together incorporates the latest research into how children learn music. A CD as well as downloadable music, a beautiful songbook, and a parent guide for new families are included-- we use a completely new set of songs each semester! You will also have access to tons of family resources through the Music Together national website: www.musictogether.com
You and your child will be part of a warm community of families making music in a group every week. Because we will be singing and making live music ourselves, we will be able to weave in opportunities for the child who loves quacking ducks, or just learned to spin in circles, or has a great dinosaur roar.
We do not prorate for missed classes in the session, however you may do two makeup classes during other weeks of the session if you miss class (space permitting). Makeups may only be scheduled during the current session and can not be carried over to future sessions.
To see our current class schedule, click here
For newborns through age 5 with a parent or caregiver (grandparent, nanny, etc.)
This is the essential Music Together class, one that a child can attend from birth through age five and through all nine song collections. This basic class follows the recommendations of child development researchers grouping children of a variety of ages in one class. This approach fosters natural, family-style learning where younger children enjoy watching and imitating older ones; older children learn by leading younger ones; and adults are happy because the children in the family can go to class together.
Each child participates at his or her own developmental level in singing, moving, chanting, listening, observing, or exploring musical instruments. We welcome the whole family to join in this important family music experience and any caregiver: parents, grandparents, nanny can bring the child(ren) to class.
Rhythm Kids™ Level 2
Rhythm Kids Level 2 is an exciting music, movement, and drumming class for children in Kindergarten through second grade (ages 5 through 8). Children integrate and assimilate rhythm into their lives, as they:
• learn multicultural drumming patterns;
• develop new repertoire on various percussion instruments;
• explore movement and dance while singing songs;
• play games based on music and drumming;
• have fun with a host of rhythm activities.
Rhythm Kids follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age 8. As part of the Rhythm Kids experience, children and their grownups can enjoy drumming play and practice sessions at home with the help of online play-along videos featuring Rhythm Kids creator Tom Foote.
Classes are for children K–2 (ages 5 through 8) and include:
• 10 weekly, 45-minute classes
• Animal Collection Songbook and CDs (2 copies) each semester
• Access to online video tutorials and play-alongs
• Learn, create, discover and explore music, movement and drumming
• Enjoy age-appropriate ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, tambourines, etc.)
• Explore traditional drumming patterns through animal names and movements
• Experience drumming, song, and dance from around the world (Mali, Puerto Rico, Turkey, etc.)
• Find new ways to connect mind, body, and voice through rhythm
• Develop skill in improvising, soloing, conducting, composition, and improvisation
• Participate in active musical games that are both enriching and totally fun!
This is an instrument-learning class, so your child will need a drum. Please ask your teacher about the special discounts on djembe drums that are available to Music Together families.