Rhythm Kids™ Level 1, for preschoolers ages 4-5 (no younger siblings please). Parent participation is optional.
Rhythm Kids Level 1 is the next musical step for your preschool child (ages 4–5). Each week we drum, sing, dance, play rhythm instruments, and begin to play music-based games. Rhythm Kids Level 1 guides children toward developmentally appropriate music and movement activities, where they can begin to take charge, lead others, and be musically creative, as they make up their own drumming patterns, invent new ways to play rhythm instruments (shakers, sticks, etc.), create movement ideas for songs, and even take a drum solo!
Rhythm Kids Level 1 follows through on the Music Together® vision to help children complete the pathway of early childhood music development from birth through age eight.
Classes are for preschoolers ages 4–5 and include:
• 10 weekly, 40-minute classes
• Animal Collection Songbook and CD each semester
• Access to online drum-play videos and other material
Your child will:
• Explore the world of rhythm through movement, instrument play, and song
• Develop basic rhythm skills, like keeping beat, improvising, ensemble play, and soloing
• Learn to create, cooperate, and express themselves musically
A drum, or something to drum on will be needed for class. Please ask your teacher about the special discounts on djembe drums that are available to Music Together families.
Class sizes are limited, safety and distancing measures are in place, and in case of inclement weather or Covid restrictions, classes are moved to Zoom.